Colorful Vegetable Patties
These delightful vegetables patties are sure to please both young and old. Use this as a side dish anytime, served warm together with applesauce, sour cream, or any one of your favorite condiments!
- Recipe serves:14 patties
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time3 minutes per patty
4 large baking potatoes
2 large carrots
2 small zucchini
1 medium onion
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried rosmary
Canola oil for frying
- Peel and shred the potatoes, zucchini, and onions. Place in a colandar and allow vegetables to drain for about 15 minutes, squeezing out the excess liquid every 5 minutes. The shredded vegetables should be dry.
- Peel and shred carrots. Add to shredded vegetables and mix well.
- Place the shredded vegetables in a bowl and add egg, breadcrumbs, and spices. Mix well.
- Heat a large frying pan with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Drop batter by the tablespoon into the oil. Flip batter when underside is golden brown.
Serve warm, with applesauce or sour cream. Yields approximately 14 vegetable patties.