This cake, so light and airy, is sure to become your family's favorite!
7 eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cups oil
3/4 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon vanilla sugar
2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup boiling water
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line or grease a 10" X 16" pan.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed, until foamy. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar. Beat until mixture appears stiff and glossy-like. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix yolks with remaining sugar (3/4 cup). Add oil, juices, and vanilla sugar. In a small bowl combine flour and baking powder. Add flour to yolk batter.
4. Fold yolk mixture into whites, using a rubber spatula. Pour 3/4 of batter into prepared pan and set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, combine chocolate batter ingredients. Add this to remaining white batter and mix well. Gently drizzle the chocolate mixture over the white batter in the pan. Using 6 - 8 strong strokes, marbelizeswirl the 2 batters with a rubber spatula. Bake for 1 hour.
6. When cake is fully baked, remove from oven and turn upside down, using 2 - 4 bowls to keep the pan suspended in the air. Cool completely.
Serving suggestion: This cake can be baked in a tube pan for a prettier presentation. After cooling, run a sharp knife around the cake edges to remove from pan.