These incredible brownies make the perfect anytime snack!
2 sticks plus 2 Tablespoons butter
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, cold
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, taking care to press it into the corners and up the sides. Leave a foil overhang of 2 inches on 2 sides. Grease the foil and dust with flour. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Bring 1 inch of water to simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Put the chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl; set the bowl over the saucepan, but do not let bowl touch the water. Stir occasionally until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from the saucepan.
3. Add the sugar, cocoa and salt to the melted chocolate and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. The batter should be thick and shiny. Add the vanilla, then the flour and mix until combined. Spread batter into the prepared pan.
4. Bake the brownies for 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs. Remove from the oven and scatter marshmallows, chocolate chips and peanuts on top. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes, until the marshmallows are golden.
5. Allow brownie to cool in pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Lift the brownies out of the pan using the foil overhand and transfer to a cutting board to cool completely before slicing.