1 1/2 cups raisins
2/3 cup boiling water
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown rice syrup
1 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
1 tsp. vanilla extract
dash sea salt
2 cups carob chips
1/2 cup puffed cereal ( rice, millet, kamut)
1 cup large coconut flakes, dried
1.Place the raisins in a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Cover and set aside.
2. In a double boiler melt the carob chips. Set aside.
3. Ina a large bowl combine the peanut butter, syrup, almonds, vanilla, salt, and melted carob. Stir thoroughly.
4. Stir in puffed cereal and 1/2 cup of coconut.
5. Drain raisins, reserve the water.
6. Stir raisins into the mixture. If it is too dry add the raisin water.
7. Roll mixture into small balls and roll in coconut.
Carob Coconut Balls can be placed in a container and chilled, or eaten while still gooey.