These amazing Gluten free coconut macaroons are a specialty at this time of the year although they can be enjoyed all year round.
This recipe is quick and easy. The perfect Kosher for Passover dessert.
Prep time 12- 15 minutes
Yield 48 macaroons
4 egg whites
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 t salt
2 t vanilla
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line 4 cookie sheets with baking paper.
3. Beat egg whites for about 9 minutes, until the whites are stiff, then continue to beat for another 4 minutes as you gradually add the sugar.
4. Beat in salt and vanilla. Stir in the coconut.
5. Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
7. Turn oven off macaroons should stay in the closed oven for 9 hours or overnight.
8. Store in airtight containers until serving
Baking Tip: The oven temperature must be precise in this particular recipe