2 acorn squash
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice acorn squash crosswise, creating rings. Scoop out the pits in the center and discard. Slice each ring in half.
3. Lay rings on a baking sheet. Brush generously with maple syrup and sprinkle ginger. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast squash in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip each piece over. Brush with maple syrup and season lightly.
5. Return squash to oven for another 10 - 15 minutes, until soft.