1 cup oil
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup tapioca starch
2/3 cup brown rice flour
2/3 cup sweet rice flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 medium-large zucchini, 2 peeled, 2 unpeeled
1 spanish onion
12 button mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the eggs, oil, and sugar. In a small bowl, combine the tapioca starch, brown rice flour, sweet rice flour, xanthan gum, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and baking powder. Stir the flour blend into the egg mixture. The batter should be of a stiff consistency. Set aside.
3. Using the small holes of an (electric) grater, grate the zucchini very finely. Mix the grated zucchini with 1 teaspoon salt and place into a colander. Allow the liquid to drain out.
4. Grate the mushrooms and onion finely (you can use a food processor). Mix with the drained zucchini.
5. Add vegetable mixture along with garlic to the prepared batter. Mix to combine.
6. Spoon batter into prepared greased muffin tins, until about 3/4 full. Bake for 35 minutes.
7.When muffins are ready, remove from muffin tins by using a sharp knife by loosening around the edges. Allow to cool on a wire wrack.