60 almonds, roasted and ground
3.5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup boiling water
3 Tablespoons cocoa
2 Tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in cold water
12 eggs, separated
1/2 cup oil
Grated chocolate for garnish
1. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate in boiling water. Add the cocoa and potato starch mixture. cook over a low flame and stir until mixture is thick and texture becomes pudding-like.
2. In a mixer bowl, whip 12 egg yolks with 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add oil. Stir. Add nuts and then chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. In a clean mixer bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 1 cup sugar. Beat until firm peaks form.
4. Fold beaten whites into chocolate mixture in three additions. Stir gently to combine.
5. Pour ice cream into a 9 x 13 pan or into 3 loaf pans. Sprinkle grated chocolate in top. Freeze for 4 hours before serving.