WHOLESOME CHICKEN BALL SOUP
These chicken balls are a wonderful addition to the Vegetable Stock, below, for a full, hearty meal in one pot! Feel free to replace the vegetable stock with your favorite soup recipe!
3 lbs. ground chicken
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped (fresh) Italian parsley
1/2 cup finely chopped red peppper
2 medium carrots, grated
1 tsp black pepper
salt to taste
pinch of sugar
1 cup Breadcrumbs
Vegetable Stock (see below)
1. Bring vegetable stock (see below) to a boil. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the chicken balls together, adding the tapioca starch last.
2. Using about a tablespoon of the chicken mixture to form a large ball. Keep your palms moist so that the chicken batter will not stick to your hands. Repeat with the remaining chicken batter, until you have 15 - 18 large chicken balls.
3. Place chicken balls into the boiling vegetable stock. Return the stock to a boil.
4. Once the stock returns to a boil and is bubbling, lower the flame and cook for one hour.
2 - 3 onions
4 large carrots
1 green pepper
1 handful parlsey
2 - 3 stalks celery
(Add in any of your favorite vegetables)
Water to cover, plus an extra 3 - 4 inches
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel all vegetables. Place in a large pot and cover vegetables with water.
2. Bring vegetables to a boil. Allow to cook for 1 hour.
3. Remove vegetables and you'll have a clear vegetable stock. Fell free to use the cooked vegetables as a side dish, in vegetables patties, or as a snack.
4. Reheat the vegetable stock and add chicken balls.