1 box shabtai lady fingers
8 oz desert whip
8 oz whipped cream cheese (optional non dairy tofutti cream cheese)
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
2 tsp vanilla sugar
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
1. In a medium bowl, beat the whip until stiff peaks form.
2. Add the cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and vanilla sugar. Beat this for one more minute.
3. In a separate bowl mix the egg yolks and sugar.
4. Combine both mixtures and mix for 1-2 minutes.
5. Divide the mixture in half.
6. Leave one half plain.
7. Add the 2 Tbsp cocoa to the other half of the mixture.
Mixture for dipping:
3/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
2 Tbsp instant coffee
3 Tbsp sugar
Mix with spoon
1. Briefly dip both sides of the lady fingers in the dipping mixture.
2. Using a trifle bowl begin to layer in the following order
- Lady fingers
- Cocoa cream mixture
- Vanilla cream mixture
This Tiramisu can be garnished with additional lady fingers , whip cream or sifted cocoa and cinnamon sprinkled.
I personally enjoy this dessert served with melons on the side.